Continuity Free

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Library addict

I went to the library to get a book. One book. I was going to be alone for lunch, and I wanted something to entertain me. So, I'll get a book. Just in, out, with a book.


Yeah, I kinda failed.

The problem is that when I go to the library, I always remember a few of the books I've been intending to read. Inevitably, they're next to other, interesting books. The funny thing is that I've been on a heavy non-fiction kick lately. Non-fiction is simple: choose a topic of preference. Even if there isn't an interesting topic at hand, just wander down the aisle a bit, something will present itself. Fiction presents a more difficult issue. Sure, there are genres, but beyond that, problems arise. Will this be a good mystery? Creative sci-fi? An interesting drama?

Bad enough that I'm attempting to read at a volume above my capacity. But I've got a project, a secret project, coming up soon, which will involve quite a bit of reading. And it won't involve reading any of these books. Which means I have, conservatively, three weeks to finish 6 books. I suppose I could say that I'm in training....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home